Learning Commons Episode 3: A Virtual Tours of Ancient Libraries

By
Advertisement
SUMMARY: A slideshow about ancient libraries in the form of virtual postcards is provided for your holiday pleasure.


Tim's Virtual Library Tour
I would rather be traveling this week to faraway places, as I get ready for the more serious blog work suggested last week. 
So as I prepare, here is a slideshow which some of you asked for that I created for the 2010 Simcoe Country District School Board Teacher-Librarians Conference. 
I imagine that I am sending virtual postcards from some of my favorite ancient libraries. On the back of each card, I try to capture some of the key points for the tourist interested in the contributions of these libraries to learning and civilization. 
Perhaps you could send similar postcards in return and we could pretend to travel to more examples of ancient and contemporary learning commons together. In the meantime, see you in Alexandria!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels